Whatever product Apple launches, it is a hit. There are certain reasons behind such a good will and the number of users are increasing by every day passing. Some of you might rate them high for awesome applications, some may find the design interesting and for some Jailbreaking is the reason. Apple does not allow the users to play with its ecosystem but we can as we have a jailbreak community who are at our services. Apple has the best products and one of the best products from the Cupertino Company is iPad, the best tablet in the world.
iPad 2 is powered by the A5 processors and runs on iOS 5. The only jailbreak which is the most wanted is untethered jailbreak and finally we have it which can be performed on iOS 5.0.1. If you have iPad 2 and running on the same firmware then this post will tell you how to get your device jailbroken using the Absinthe tool.
Absinthe is the tool which is developed by the efforts of French developer Pod2g and the dream team he made. Dream team had the best hackers and developers in the world including Saurik, father of Cydia, Musclenerd, key member of iPhone Dev team and Pod2g himself.
Sometimes while performing the jailbreak, we encounter some issues in it. To avoid any such problem it is highly recommended to back up your tablet which eliminates the chances of getting any error on our way to jailbreak.
Absinthe v0.3 for Windows (Updated to version 0.3) Download
Lets have a look on the steps you are required to perform.
1) First of all you have to download the latest version of Absinthe which is available.
2) Once you have downloaded it, unzip the folder and extract the files on your desktop.
3) In the list of the files, you will see a file with name “absinthe.exe”. Right click on it and Run it in administrator mode.
4) Now as your tool is running, you have to now plug in your iPad 2 on your computer. When you will do this, Absinthe will automatically recognize your device. Once you are done with it, there will be a button in the middle right of the screen saying “Jailbreak”. Click on that button. When you click the Jailbreak button your iPad 2 will look like it is being officially restored through iTunes; it should say something along the lines of “restore in progress.”
5) now your iPad will reboot. Once you reboot it, you will notice an icon with the name Absinthe on the springboard on your device. Tap on that icon and there will appear an official website of Greenpois0n for an instant and then your device will reboot again. Let the process happen and once your device reboots, the same Absinthe icon will now be changed into Cydia icon.
You will surely be delighted to have a look on Cydia icon as you have successfully performed the untethered jailbreak iOS 5.0.1 on iPad 2.
If you have faced any problem while performing it, feel free to ask and we will answer your queries. For more information and news, keep visiting us and write your views and ideas in the comments section below.