Chronic-Dev Team and iPhone dev Team, after tiring collaborative efforts, have finally released Absinthe Untethered Jailbreak for all versions of iOS including 5.1.1. Using Absinthe 2.0, you can jailbreak new iPad3, iPhone 4S, iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS, iPod Touch 3G, iPod Touch 4G, iPad 1 and iPad.
Using Absinthe 2.0 Untethered Jailbreak 5.1.1 to jailbreak above specified Apple’s hardware, it will enable you to customize your device for unrestricted access to unlimited applications, tweaks, cheats and unlocking. It simply installs a program Cydia on your device which further supports you for all kinds of downloads and purchases of jailbreak 5.1.1 applications and removes all the restrictions on your device embedded by Apple.
Absinthe 2.0 currently does not support iPad2, 4, whereas work is under process as this update is on the way and will be available soon. Absinthe 2.0 designed by Chronic-Dev Team and iPhone Dev Team also named as ‘Jailbreak Dream Team’, supports iOS 5.0.1 firmware and with a lot of ease to support following devices:
- iPhone2, 1 – 3, 1 – 3, 3 – 4, 1
- iPad1, 1 – 2, 1 – 2, 2 – 2, 3 – 3, 1 – 3, 2 – 3, 3
- iPod3, 1 – 4, 1
If your device is not already jailbroken then here is the comprehensive user guide for using Absinthe 2.0
- Make a back up for device (You can create backup using iTunes i.e. go to ‘Devices’ menu, right click your device name and click ‘Back up’).
- Enter ‘settings > General > Reset > Erase all contents and Settings’.
- Connect your device to computer via USB cable and run Absinthe.
- Click ‘Jailbreak’; be patient until the process is completed. Ensure USB cable connection in the meanwhile. After the process is completed, it will return you to iTunes.
- Enter ‘Devices’ menu and right click on your device name and click ‘Restore from back up’ ( the same backup you stored before initiating the procedure).
- Your device is jailbroken and you have all your contents back into your device i.e. Photos, Application etc.
If your device is already jailbroken then here is one simple step to use Absinthe 2.0 to Untether your 5.1.1 Firmware:
- Download ‘Rocky Racoon 5.1.1 Untether’ from Cydia, Install it and here you go.
Untethered Jailbreak 5.1.1 with Absinthe Version 2.0,