No one have thought that the day the unlock for iPhone 4 baseband 4.11.08 and 4.12.01 will ever come. But guess what? It’s finally here and it works and the best part that it’s totally free!
This method\hack is discovered by Chinese hacker “loktar_sun”. No one thought this would happen but it has. He basically found vulnerability in ICCID and iTunes BB unlock activation ticket which allowed him to trick iTunes and make it believe that you’re running official SIM card on your carrier locked device.
• This method works for iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4 and iPhone 4S.
• This is a SIM specific unlock which means that once you unlock using a specific SIM that iPhone would stay unlocked to that specific SIM only. You cannot use it with any other SIM card.
• You will need a jailbroken iPhone not listed on any IMEI blacklists.
• You should know which carrier your iPhone is locked to. Use iTools or go to www.imei.info.
• Latest version of iTunes
• SAM (Subscriber Artificial Module) installed
- Open Cydia on the jailbroken iPhone and add the official repo for the SAM package. The repo URL is http://repo.bingner.com. And install SAM.
- Once installed, SAM will create SAMPrefs icon on the Springboard, open SAM by taping the icon. Make sure that the SIM card that you intend to use is present in the iPhone.
- After SAM has been launched, go to the “Utilities” and select “De-Activate iPhone”. If this has been done correctly, the device Activation State should now read as ‘Unactivated‘.
- Keeping SAM enabled, choose “By Country and Carrier” in the Method options. Find your carrier in this list. You may need to select “SIM ID” option if your network work with more than network ID.
- Go to the “More Information” and note down the IMSI that should be present in the “SAM Details” section, before tapping “Spoof Real SIM to SAM”. Go back to the main SAM screen and change “Method” to manual and enter the IMSI string of which you made a copy before.
- The next step is to connect the iPhone to the computer and allow iTunes to re-activate the phone. When done, double click the Phone Number section of the device details and make sure that the displayed ICCID matches that found on the SIM card. If the strings do not match, the process will need to be repeated from the beginning.
- If strings match then unplug the device and disable the SAM package. Re-connect the device to iTunes and don’t worry of any error message that may pop-up saying that the device cannot be activated. This error is normal and requires iTunes to be shut down and then re-opened.
- After some time, the iPhone should and will display those signal bars meaning that you were successful in unlocking. Push notifications may stop working after this procedure but can be easily restored with “clear push” utility in SAM followed by connecting to iTunes.
As mentioned earlier on, this procedure will work only work with the SIM that was used during the unlock process. For multiple SIM cards, the process will need to be repeated with each SIM on an individual basis.How to unlock iPhone 4 Baseband 4.11.08 and 4.12.01 for Free via ICCID Exploit,