If you have your iPhone 3GS to iOS 5.1.1 with baseband 5.16.05, cant unlock it and stuck with it, don’t lose heart as there is still a way out. You can unlock your iPhone using iPad baseband 6.15.00.
iPhone 3GS users, who updated their devices to iOS 5.1.1 with a baseband 5.16.05, know it for sure that so far they couldn’t find any unlock for this baseband. There’s no ultras0w unlock available for this baseband since the unlock was first released for 5.14.02. Now the only solution that exists is only if you make use of iPad’s baseband 6.15.00. But it’s not as simple as it sounds and that we’ll discuss in details here.
- Make backup for all your data and remove the SIM card.
- Download iOs 5.1.1 driectly from Apple for iPhone 3GS & Snowbreeze 2.9.5 from ih8sn0w.com.
- Install Sonwbreeze and browse iOS 5.1.1 that you just downloaded by clicking at the blue arrow at bottom right corner of snowbreeze launch window.
- Select the Bootrom type and go for Epert Mode.
- Check ‘install 06.15.00 iPad Baseband’
- Build IPSW and after its ready you can find the file ‘sn0wbreeze_iPhone_3GS-5.1.1-9B206.ipsw’ on your desktop.
- Allow Custom firmware on your iPhone before you restore.
- Restore by pressing ‘Shift’ on your key board with iTunes and wait until it’s restored.
- Install Ultrasn0w fixer patch as it does not supported otherwise for iOS 5.1.1.
- Uninstall ultrasn0w if it is installed.
- Laucnh Cydia and add this link to the source ‘http://repo.iparelhos.com’
- Select iParelhos repo, install ultrasn0w fixer for iOS 5.1.1 and launch Cydia upon completion of installation.
- Enter source ‘repo666.ultrasn0w.com’ in Cyida, select and install Ultrasnow 1.2.5.
- Reboot your iPhone and instert the SIM after turing off 3G.
You are done, have fun!
- This method can permanently damage your device if you have new iPhone 3GS 8GB made after week 28 of 2011.
- This method is applicable for Windows only as there is no Mac support available for sn0wbreeze so far. For Mac users another firmware is available.
- Your iPhone 3GS must be fully charged before you begin.
- ‘Phone is not activated?’
You get this error when you have missed step 4.
- ‘iTunes Error 3194 & 1015’
This problem can be resolved with Tiny Umbrella using ‘exit recovery’ buttonUnlock iPhone 3GS iOS 5.1.1 Baseband 6.15.00 with Sn0wbreeze 2.9.5,