Just after a few hour since Absinthe 2.0 was released, chronic Dev Team launched a handy package in Cydia named as Rocky Racoon 5.1.1. For the entire device with A4 base band and older version, it enables you to convert your tethered jailbreak to Untethered one provided they are already jailbroken on iOS 5.0.1.
Untethered jailbreak on firmware iOS5.0.1 is compatible with New iPad, iPad 2, original iPad, iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, iPod touch 3G, iPod touch 4G and Apple TV 2G.
Devices which are based on latest A5 and A5X base bands e.g. iPhone 4S, iPad 2 and New iPad; are not compatible for conversion to Untethered jailbreak using this package.
The whole procedure is very quick and follows just a couple of simple steps as follows;
- Connect your device with your computer and generate a backup.
- Browse through Cydia store and search for Rocky Racoon 5.1.1.
- Download it and install the package.
- Your device will automatically reboot as soon as it patches your existing jailbreak.
- Device is now ready with an untethered jailbreak on your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch with firmware iOS 5.0.1.
- Once you install Rocky Racoon’s package on your device you cannot delete it as it’s the package specifically which makes your device untethered jailbroken.
- This patch will work only for already jailbroken/tethered iOS 5.0.1.
- For A5 based devices download latest Absinthe 2.0 and proceed with it.