Apple users with devices below iOS 4 are unable to purchase or download apps from App Store using their devices as mentioned by a growing thread in Apple’s discussion forums. This problem persists since December 16 and Engadget has also pointed about this problem in one of their recent posts.
Here are some details about the problem.
Whenever I go into a specific app in the app store, none of the buttons work properly.
1) clicking on the price no longer downloads the app,
2) the ratings button does nothing,
3) the ‘tell a friend’ and ‘git this app’ buttons jump back to the top of the app window,
4) pictures usually don’t show up. They usually appear as five gray rectangular boxes with white borders (though in one app one too-large-for-the-window picture shows up (see pic),
5) the ‘app support’ button still goes to the developer’s website.
6) the ‘top in-app purchases’ banner is just text now.
There are several threads launched by the users in the discussion forum regarding this issue and Apple staff has responded a few but the problem still persists and there is no appropriate solution available for this issue at this time.
The hindrance faced by the users is more likely a glitch at Apple’s end. As per now, It is not confirmed whether Apple will release any fix regarding this issue or for how much time users will continue facing this problem. But if you are facing this problem and still want to use an app then you can download that app via iTunes and sync it onto your device with the help of computer.
iPhone 3G and iPod touch 2G become slow when updated to ios 4 while ipod and iphone 1st generation are not supportive of ios4 and can be updated upto ios 3.1.1. So what to do now? how many of you use one of these devices. Share your thoughts with us in the comment box.