Apple released much awaited new generation of its operating system in October. The said update was there pre installed in the iPhone 4S and the remaining users updated their operating system by themselves.
The iPhone 4S users have faced a battery problem which was due to a bug in the operating system. An app kept on running even when it was not needed which ate up the battery. The company then released iOS 5.0.1 to clear that battery issue.
As the new firmware is released we are to guide you how you can jailbreak your Apple iDevices using Redsnow as a jailbreak Tweak. A special thing to note for iPhone 4S users that before you jailbreak your device, keep this in your mind that there is no way back.
Apple has prohibited the downgrade version using SHSH blobs so if you are to upgrade you will have to stick with it. Think twice before you go for it.
Following are the steps you will be performing for jailbreak.
1) Install iOS 5.0.1 final to your device.
2) Install RedSnow 09.9b8 on your device and open it. in the Extras select Specify Firmware > then point it to the iOS 5.0 firmware IPSW.
Download RedSn0w 0.9.9b8 (Mac): redsn0w_mac_0.9.9b8.zip
Download RedSn0w 0.9.9b8 (Windows): redsn0w_win_0.9.9b8.zip
3) Put your device in DFU mode and after that click jailbreak. Then install Cydia on your device.
4) Now after the jailbreak go to the main page of RedSnow 09.9b8 and select extras > Specify Firmware > and point it to the iOS 5.0 IPSW.
5) Select “Just Boot” from the Extras menu of the Redsnow and a tethered jailbreak shall be performed.
Congratulations you have successfully jailbroken your device on iOS 5.0.1. For semi tethered jailbreak you can download a tool for that and then perform the jailbreak.
Do not forget to leave a comment.