Since the very day, Apple’s personal assistant dot the formal shape, developers around have tried to port it to the devices other than iPhone 4S, Apple released iPhone 4S and Siri is dedicated to this device only.
We have had many developers who have successfully attempted to port Siri to other devices which are iOS 5 updated. Well Team Iris (Apple Dev Team) has ported Siri to the older devices and this port is quite successful.
The only problem which has been in the previous porting attempts and this one is the activation of Siri. The device is supposed to run Siri but obviously you will not be getting the answers that smooth as in the case of iPhone 4S, The reason obviously is Apple servers which are not behind the ported Siri.
Here is a step by step guide on how to install it.
1) Your device must be iOS 5.0 and jailbroken.
2) Download iFunbox or Cyber Duck on your desktop machine. Install iFile from Cydia.
3) After doing that download the original Siri file.
4) Now you need to connect your device with your PC or Mac. After connecting when main file opens, go the Raw File system.
5) To stay on the root, go to the VAR folder which will be opened after you entered Raw Fiel system. What you need is to download file in any of the locations say on ROOT.
6) Now open iFile from your iPhone and look for the file you just placed from the Pc or Mac into your device.
7) Now you have to install the file on your iPhone. Press and hold the file and you will have options. Select installer from the options and install the file. Notification will pop up with done after it has been installed.
8) You are just one step away from porting it and that id Boot Tethered.
Congratulations you have successfully ported Siri on your device.
You can change the settings of the assistant according to your taste but obviously it will be a limited version of it.
Well have you iPhone 4S and enjoying Siri at its best or you are the one who actively looks for the posts like this? Apple will not be supporting this kind of hacking but obviously you and I want this on our devices. Will Apple make it official? Will it be a good move? What do you think and what do you expect from the company? Share your thoughts and idea. For more updates, stay connected.Install SIRI On Your iPhone 4, 3GS, And iPod 4 (How To),