iPhone Dev Team’s MuscleNerd has released new version of Redsn0w with the ability to downgrade iPhone 3G and 3GS from baseband 06.15 to 05.13.04. This solves the GPS and Ultrasn0w Compatibility issues faced previously on these devices.
Few days ago there were exciting rumors about this new version of Redsn0w and finally MuscleNerd has developed the solution for downgrading the baseband. With this update, iPhone 3G and 3GS can now be downgraded to 05.13.04 from 06.15. For a lot of users this news might sound very ordinary but there are many users who were stuck with the upgrade in their device baseband. With basband 06.15 on iPhone 3G and 3GS a lot of users faced problems with no support available for unlock and GPS support.
Moreover, with the upcoming Apple’s new 3D maps in iOS 6, GPS support would mean a lot. Also, with this downgrade in baseband, Redsn0w would now be available for these devices and options emerge for first beta jailbreak on iOS 6.
How to downgrade Baseband 06.15 to 05.13.04
Here is the step by step guide for how to downgrade iPhone 3G and 3GS from baseband 06.15 to 05.13.04
- Download Redsn0w 0.9.14b1 and unzip the contents to a familiar location on your PC or Mac.
- Download IPSW file of current iOS version of your device and save them to your PC or Mac.
- Launch Redsn0w and click Extras button on screen. Select the IPSW option and guide to IPSW file save location.
- Follow instruction to choose bootrom options and select the appropriate ones.
- Now from the main screen of Redsn0w select the option for Jailbreak and check it for Downgrade from iPad baseband & Install Cydia.
- Power off and unplug your devise.
- Follow on screen instructions to enter DFU mode and select next. This might take a while but don’t panic.
- If all the above stated steps have been followed correctly your device is now operating with unlock able 05.13.04 baseband upon reboot.
- Finally just launch Cydia and unlock your device using the latest version of Ultrasn0w.
- Don’t forget to make backup for your device contents in case something goes wrong during the above stated procedure.
- This method is limited to iPhone 3G & 3GS only and not for the later ones like iPhone 4 and 4S.
- Don’t try this if you have an Apple iPhone 3GS and its serial number is 134 or later because this can seriously damage your device.
For those who are not yet cleared to which baseband to downgrade to, in order to fix unlock and GPS issue; MuscleNerd himself has recommended 05.13.04. It is the best choice so far and very conveniently provides the support to install Ultrasn0w and to have a fully functional GPS.How to Use Redsn0w 0.9.14b1 to Downgrade iPhone 3GS & 3G 06.15.00 To 05.13.04 Baseband For Unlock And Working GPS,