A developer XpLodWilD successfully made CM9 worked for Galaxy S III and briefed how to get it working. This news backtracks to a popular forum XDA-Developers where in a thread posted by team Hacksung explained what all is supported in CM9 for Galaxy S III. This forum is a hub of Android developers and enthusiasts.
How to install CynogenMod 9
Here is the step by step guide how to install CynogenMod 9 Android 4.0.4 on Galaxy S III GT- i9300.
- Root Galaxy S III and flash ClockworkMod Recovery.
- Download CynogenMod 9 Android 4.0.4 and Google Apps to your sd card.
- Press Home+ Volume+ Power buttons to boot into ClockworkMod after you switch off your device.
- Make a backup in case something goes wrong this will help you to revert the whole process. Nandroid backup is preferred.
- Navigate your device to select the downloaded CM 9 file from your sd card and install it.
- After you install Google apps, select wipe data / factory reset.
- Reboot your device.
- If all the steps are followed correctly device will now reboot into CyanogenMod 9 Android 4.0.4 ICS.
- After you adopt this procedure to install CM9 on ur Galaxy S III, your device warranty will be void.
- Currently there are some bugs associated with the installation of CM 9 on your device like it might cause your FM radio to malfunction, flash in camera application might crash and volume key might not respond properly.
- Once you have CM 9 on your device, Installation of apps using Titanium Backup is not recommended by developer.
- If Wi-Fi doesn’t work, remove Cid.info from data using root-ready ES file explorer.
- This whole procedure bears no guarantees and you have to proceed at your own risk.
How to Install CyanogenMod 9 Android ICS 4.0.4 On Galaxy S III GT-i9300,