Hamzah Akram is a hacker who has posted a method to unlock the iPhone 4 “4.11.08” baseband which hasn’t been able to unlock for six months now.
This is the simplified guide to Hamzah Akram method which he posted on the internet. And before you attempt to follow this guide, keep this thing in your mind that any damage done to your device will be your responsibility so make sure you understand the procedure and then try to do anything with your device.
• Jailbroken iPhone 4 with baseband 4.11.08 (US AT&T model is used for his test).
• Working official carrier SIM card (AT&T SIM card)
• SIM card with constant data availability. Data must be active all the time (China Mobile SIM card is used for this test, so if you’re in the US and would like to use T-Mobile, use a T-Mobile SIM card)
• SAM Preference installed via Cydia.
Before You Begin…
• Turn on Wi-Fi.
• Go to Settings > General > Network and turn on both Data Roaming and Cellular Data.
• Go to Settings > Turn off Location Services.
• Go to Settings> General > International > Region Format > the country should match the country of which the iPhone is locked to.
“Attention: Don’t get confused – the instructions below are written for China Mobile network. Anything that has reference to China Mobile, change it to your own service provider.”
- Launch SAM Preference. Tap on home button (this will make it run in the background).
- Go to http://www.unlockit.co.nz and download your unofficial carrier profile (China Mobile). Use the example below if you’re in China using China Mobile. Use your own country mobile service provider APN settings.
- Insert AT&T SIM card and dial any number. If you see No Service, dial 112 and hang up after 5 seconds.
- Go to Settings > Carrier and turn off auto search and then select China Mobile. You will get a message that says “Restricted network …” Hit Dismiss.
- Go to Settings > Turn on airplane mode.
- Quickly go to SAM > Utilities and Hit De-activate iPhone and (clear push) then hit Revert lockdown.
- Go back to main SAM settings and disable Subscriber Artificial Module.
- Forget Wireless Network and turn off Ask to Join Networks.
- Go to Cydia > Manage > Sources then “bingner” then uninstall SAM. Don’t “restart springboard” just yet.
- After SAM is uninstalled, tap on home button, go to Settings then forget the Wi-Fi network that’s currently connected. Turn off ‘Ask to Join Network.’
- Make sure Airplane mode is turned on.
- Eject the AT&T SIM card and hit OK when you see ‘No SIM Card Installed.’
- Go back to Cydia and prepare to insert China Mobile SIM card.
- Tap “Restart Springboard” and quickly insert China Mobile SIM card.
- You will see the regular Activation Screen with (E) on the top left corner. Wait for 30 seconds.
- Turn off your iPhone and then turn it on again. You will see the same activation screen with one signal bar and (E) data connection.
- Tap on “use cellular connection” and wait 5 to 8 seconds.
- Eject your SIM card and then quickly reinsert it. You will be redirected to the Home screen! You should now see a full signal bar with China Mobile network.
- Quickly call China Mobile’s customer service hotline number (10086) for 1 minute. (“Auto reply services center” of China Mobile)
- Finally, go to Settings > general > about and check your carrier: it must be “Carrier 11.0” instead of “Carrier Lab 11.0″ or something else.
That’s it for the guide and it is hoped that you can unlock your iPhone after following this. All thanks goes to hamzah_akram who gave us this unlock method. Keep this in mind that Hamzah was accused to be a faker by many but yet he gave us a method with confidence that it works and he has unlocked iPhone using this method. In the end weather you follow the guide or not it’s up to you.Hamzah Akram iPhone 4 4.11.08 Baseband Unlock Method,