You might have noticed that many a times after jailbreaking your iDevice on iOS 5 / 5.0.1, the icon of Cydia turns White. This problem is there in iPhone 4, 3GS, iPod touch 4G, 3G and iPad 1 operating in iOS 5.0.1 / 5.0.
Sometimes the same happens when you are installing any tweaks on your device. Mostly the problem does not persist and upon updating the jailbreak apps, it gets solved.
If you are still stuck with this White Cydia Icon, simplest solution is to reinstall it. If you are not interested in it, then following are three different procedures you can follow to eliminate this problem.
1) Launch Cydia app.
2) Tap on Manage.
3) Installed list will be visible to you in there and in the list there will be an option “Cydia Installer”.
4) Select it. Press on modify button.
5) Now you have to tap on the “Re-install” button and you are done with White Cydia Icon.
1) You should have Redsn0w 0.9.9b8 installed on your device.
2) Launch Redsn0w and click on Extras button.
3) Press “Just boot” button.
Your problem will be solved.
1) Launch the Cydia App.
2) Go the tab which says “Changes” and then press the “Refresh button”.
3) An option “Essential Upgrade” will be visible to you. Click on that and in a few minutes, the update procedure will be completed.
4) During update all the necessary changes would be completed and your white Cydia icon will disappear.
Which method worked for you? We will be very happy to know. Do you have any stories related to these guides? Feel free to share them with us. Stay updated with us.Fix Cydia White Icon after iOS 5 / 5.0.1 jailbreak [How To],