Install CyanogenMod 7.2 which is one of the most famous custom aftermarket firmware has been updated now. The news came in through the official blog in which CyanogenMod team has announced about it.
The update gives the firmware a handful of features and also brings support to many other devices like Galaxy Ace/Mini/Epic, Optimus Black/3D/Hub/Pro/Sol/One, Motorola Atrix, Sony Ericsson Xperia Live/Pro/Active and Huawei U8150. Among the other features it has support for OMAP3/4 devices, a T9 predictive Phone dialer, ICS transition animations and much more,
From the CyanogenMod Blog:
We’ve been delaying it for too long, mostly because new devices kept being submitted to us, and now we feel that at 69 70 devices, CM7.2 is more than ready for everybody to enjoy
So what are you waiting for as it is the time to update.
Lets have a look on what the official team has to say:
“We’ve been delaying it for too long, mostly because new devices kept being submitted to us, and now we feel that at 69 70 devices, CM7.2 is more than ready for everybody to enjoy ”
Do you wish to install it? We will take you to the step by step guide in which you will be demoed about the installation steps.
1) You have to download the ZIP file of CyanogenMod 7.2 RC1 from here. The total number of devices which are supported by the firmware are 69 and each device has its own ZIP file so be specific while downloading it.
2) Transfer the ZIP in y our sd card of your device.
3) Turn your device off.
4) Now you have to press and hold a specific combination of the buttons on your device which is different for different devices. You must boot into ClockworkMod (CWM) Recovery.
5) After you have entered CWM you have to take a nandroid backup.
6) Now from the main menu, select wipe data / factory reset. Doing this will wipe all the personal data on your device.
7) Again from the main menu go to install zip from sdcard > choose zip from sd card and then select the file which you transferred earlier.
8) Once you have flashed, select the “reboot system now” which will be available in the main menu.
You are done. If you have followed the steps properly then you will boot into CyanogenMod 7.2 RC1 based on Android 2.3.7 Gingerbread.
You can read out our other guides as well. If you have any problems and queries then feel free to ask us, What do you think? Was this post helpful? In any case you find any problem then it is suggested to repeat the procedure again. Do not forget to recommend us if this post was helpful to you. For more news and updates, stay connected with us.